Storages and non-public spaces
Recommendations for storages and non-public areas
- If possible, limit collection processing.
- Ensure that all employees have easy access to hand washing facilities with hot water and soap, disinfectant gel and disposable gloves.
- Ensure that only a limited number of people (maximum 5) work in the same room and keep a safe distance from each other. Generally, 1.5 m is recommended as the distance between individuals.
- Larger groups of employees can split up and take turns in the workplace to ensure a safe distance from each other.
- Divide your employees into teams and ensure that only the same team members work together at the same time.
- Wash and disinfect hard surfaces, handles, door knobs, light switches, coffee machines, etc. with great frequency.
- Wear face masks or face masks. You prevent the possible spread of the virus and the veils also limit contact with the face.
- Museums should have a quarantine area for objects. In such areas, there should be empty shelves, cabinets, boxes in which the collection items can be stored so that they are outside main depository premises. Also provide a clear marking system showing data on what, why and by whom the objects were quarantined.